A brighter future ahead in 2007 ....

Friday, September 08, 2006

links
Katrina Ying Lei ... Terri

My Sister-in-Christ … Terri

Needing something to take the edge off facing the four walls in my house all day, I switched on the computer, connecting and logging in to my MSN account with the thought of looking for people to chat with to ease my boredom. It was around two in the morning then, most of my friends were busy fellowshipping with their beloved beds except some who were either busy studying for their upcoming examinations or killing their time online. One of those who were online was Terri.

Terri is my Sister-in-Christ and the sort of person others turned to instinctively in times of troubles. Solid and capable, she had served people around her with a distinction and compassion that belied the ferocious history of her generation. More than once, she had solved a problem that might otherwise have troubled me. She brought me to City Harvest Church last Christmas. Having accepted Christ in Mid-January, I recapitulated how my life has been tremendously transformed by the love of God for the past eight months. I brushed the thought aside, an indulgence I could not afford, and whistled softly. Moments later, a strange figured chat-window detached itself from the LCD almost in front of me. It was Terri. We talked about the Holy Spirit, bible study and some other church stuffs. In the midst of chatting, she gave me some advice on handling common life issues. Before long, it was already about 4 a.m. We bided farewell and I went to bed soon after.

8/9/06

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home